Sunday 20 July 2014

Plus Cushion

At the beginning of this year I made a goal. Dispose of the six well used (read falling apart!) cushions that have served us well and replace them with handmade cushions. Well the year is half gone and so far one cushion has been made... But it finally has a new friend! Meet my plus cushion!


This has been a WIP for a while due in part to my difficulty picking a backing fabric. I felt like it needed a pink back but I didn't have the right shade. Then I found this fabric at my LQS. I'm not 100% sure it's right for the front (maybe a little pale?) but I think its growing on me...


My original plan was to reuse the cushion inserts from the old cushions in my new ones but the layout of pluses on the front meant that this cover turned out too big for the old inserts. So a quick trip for a new insert was required before it could be truly called done! The finished cushion is 15 in square and is plumply stuffed with a 16 in cushion insert. It has a hidden zipper closure on the back.


So that's two cushions made and four to go! I'm gonna need to get a move on...





4 comments:

  1. visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love this. You must be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a cushion refresher myself in the past few weeks! I love this plus cushion, am pinning it - it might just have to be the pattern I use for my final cushion with my Comma fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the plus pattern - great to use it in a cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap!! I've been loving freshening up our lounge with patchwork cushions... Bonus is I get to test out patterns and quilting styles in a small version before committing to a full size quilt! Love your pluses!! Been on my to do list for ages!!

    ReplyDelete